- Swimmer at Club Wolverine (CW-MI)
- in 2008 = 18 DOB: Jun 7, 1990
- 6' 1" (185.4 cm)
- Hometown = Canton, Michigan
- in 2008 resides in Canton, Mich.
- former resident of Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Coach = Bob Bowman
- Wikipedia:Allison Schmitt
- USA Swimming's media guide provided some source materials.
- Captured bronze at the 2006 Speedo Junior Nationals in the 200m free
- Competed at the 2007 Japan International Invitational, finishing fourth in the 800m free relay and ninth in the 200m free
- Placed 19th in the 200m free at the 2006 Nationals
Olympic Trials History:
2008 qualifier in the 100m FR, 200m FR, and 400m FR
United States (also known as USA) Nationals
2007: 6th, 200 FR; 10th, 400 FR
2006 World Rankings:
118th, 200m free
2007 Jpn Invite: 4th, 800 FR-R; 9th, 200m FR; 11th, 400m FR; 18th, 100m FR
National Teams: 2007 National Junior Team High School: Three-time All-American ... holds six Michigan state records ... 2006 Michigan High School Swimmer of the Year ... four-time Swim and Dive team MVP
- http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/asu/2015/12/24/olympians-michael-phelps-allison-schmitt-embrace-move-arizona/77860306/ at Arizona State University and with swim friend, Michael Phelps from December 2015.
High School: Canton High School '08
Family, Village, Community
Parents: Ralph and Gail .... father is a finance analyst and mother is an assistance project manager
Sibling(s): Older brother (Derek Schmitt) swam for Ohio University ... older sister (Kirsten Schmitt) attended Florida ... younger sisters (Kari and Sara) play many sports
Started Swimming: Age 10 ... "I followed my sister, Kristen. I thought about quitting, but stayed one more season and loved it."
Sports Played Before Swimming: Soccer, ballet, basketball, softball, and got equipment for hockey, but decided to swim instead
Nickname(s): Schmitty, Al, Allie
Hobbies Outside the Pool: Scrapbooking, taking pictures, playing outdoor games, playing board games
Ultimate Way to Relax: Watching a movie, getting a massage
Most Influential Person: Parents ... "They are so supportive of my dreams and ambitions. They have given me so many opportunities to excel in life and have set a good example for me to follow."
Favorites: Music: country ... movie: comedies
2007 Jr Pan Pacific Champs 2007: Bronze, 200m FR; Bronze, 100m FR
Event Best Year 100m FR 55.27 May 08 200m FR 1:57.48 Jun 08 400m FR 4:10.22 Jun 08
Swimvitational - 1 Final, 200m FR; 2 Final, 400m FR 08 SCSC GP - 12 Final, 50m FR; 10 Final, 100m FR; t2 Final, 200m FR; 13 Final, 200m FL 08 OSU GP - t6 Final, 100m FR; t1 Final, 200m FR; t2 Final, 400m FR; 21 Final, 200m FL
SCY NATS - 10 Final, 200y FR; 18 Final, 500y FR; 4 Final, 400y FR-R; 2 Final, 800y FR-R; 6 Final, 400y MED-R SUM NATS - 6 Final, 200m FR; 10 Final, 400m FR; 5 Final, 400m FR-R; 3 Final, 800m FR-R SCSC GP - 14 Final, 50m FR; 22 Final, 100m FR; t2 Final, 200m FR Namesnik GP - 19 Final, 50m FR; 2 Final, 100m FR; 5 Final, 200m FR; 14 Final, 400m FR JR PAN PACS - 3 Final, 100m FR; 3 Final, 200m FR
US OPEN - 18 Final, 200m FR; 21 Final, 400m FR JR NATS - 18 Final, 100m FR; 3 Final, 200m FR SUM NATS - 19 Final, 200m FR
US OPEN - 23 Final, 100m FR