Background[edit | edit source]
- United States (also known as USA) track runner who made an admission to using .
- The IOC, after hearing of his drug use, stripped the relay of its medal.
- Ran with Michael Johnson at the 2000 Olympics in the 1600 meter relay.
Insights[edit | edit source]
- IOC strips gold from 2000 U.S. relay team - 08/02/08 - The International Olympic Committee stripped gold medals Saturday from the United States (also known as USA) men's 1600 meter relay team that competed at the 2000 Olympics in the aftermath of Antonio Pettigrew's admission that he was doping at the time.
- 'Shocked' Johnson says he'll return Olympic relay medal - 06/02/08 - Olympic great Michael Johnson says he was "shocked" by former teammate Antonio Pettigrew's doping admission and will return the gold medal the two of them helped the United States win in the 1600 meter relay at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.