- Should have a women player badge too.
This badge starts the sports participation ladder for athletes hoping to participate in community water polo games. In many locations (e.g. school swimming pools), insurance measures must be in place for walk-on athletes to compete in matches. This badge rewards the completion of these insurance measures as well as the completion of the first community match for the athlete.
The badge requires paid registration with American Water Polo for insurance and commemorates the first completed competitive or club water polo game. It is located in the sports and volunteering ladder after initial registration with CLOH and lateral to registration with 4-H as a volunteer. From this position--after also completing a 4-H volunteer badge--it is easy to progress forward down the path of fitness and service to levels of competition and volunteering that make the participant a leading figure in the pool and community, and are rewarded with more exciting and exclusive badges.
BADGE DESIGN EXAMPLEEdit
- 4-H Volunteer Badge
In what program(s) can this badge be earned?Edit
- 4-H Summer Program, Summer Dreamers Swim & Water Polo
Competency. What are you badging?Edit
- Rules & Procedures
Evidence. What does it look like to demonstrate this competency?Edit
- Complete Volunteer Screening form and Singed Code of Conduct
- Complete first volunteering opportunity
Activities. What activities produce the intended evidence of this competency?Edit
- 4-H affiliated volunteering opportunities
Do you think of this as a: Check all that apply.Edit
Step 2: Badges build bridges to other opportunities. How does this badge connect to other offerings in the community?
At other organizations?Edit
In your organization?Edit
Name of Badge:Edit
- 4-H Volunteer Badge
Short Description (~50 characters):Edit
- Badge certifies completion of 4-H volunteer requirements
Remake Learning Focus Area (circle all that apply):
- Career Readiness
Formal Description (~160 characters):Edit
- This badge certifies completion of first volunteering event after screening and signed code of conduct.
How long will it take to earn this badge?Edit
- A few hours
Who created this badge? (Name(s), role(s))Edit
Who will issue this badge? (Name(s), role(s))Edit
How and when will the issuer evaluate whether a student earned this badge? What are the criteria for earning the badge?Edit
- After the forms have been completed and turned in and before the end of the program
(URL, Text, Photo, Video, Audio)
How, when, and by whom will badge issuers and evaluators be trained?Edit
Will the evaluation be ongoing (formative) or at the end of the program (summative)?Edit
Circle the method by which this badge will be assessed:Edit
Remake Learning Competency (please identify the competency or competencies most aligned with this badge):Edit
(circle all that apply):
- CAREER READINESS
Will earning this badge be a goal/requirement for all participants in your program?Edit
Is this badge connected to other badges? If so, how?Edit
(e.g. a student must first earn another badge in order to be eligible to earn this badge, this badge can be earned separately from or concurrently with another badge, etc.)
- Yes, the 4-H sports-ethics badge that require volunteering events completion will necessarily require this badge first.
What challenges might exist that hinder the issuing of this badge?Edit
- Diversity of volunteering opportunities that all would qualify for the distribution of this badge.
What will success look like for your badging program?Edit
- An accurate participation tally through the badge system of volunteers at the different events, and an increase in the total number of volunteers through badging incentives paired between 4-H and Pittsburgh Sports League sports-ethics levels.
Technology Audit: What technology is available to support students in setting up online accounts?Edit
(i.e. full access to computers/tablets, partial access to computers/tablets, access to internet but no access to computers/tablets, no access to internet on program premises, etc.)
Additional Discussion PromptsEdit
(keep the conversation going with your Helpdesk member)