- 1 GOAL – SETTING WORKSHEET
- 1.1 LEARNING INTEREST CATEGORY:
- 1.2 WHAT IS THE GOAL?
- 1.3 MATCH YOUR GOAL TO THE LRNG DESIGN PILLARS
- 1.4 HOW DOES THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE CREATE CONNECTIONS?
- 1.5 HOW DOES THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE EMPHASIZE PRODUCTION?
- 1.6 HOW DOES THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE UNLOCK OPPORTUNITIES?
- 1.7 IMPLEMENTATION HEURISTICS
- 1.8 HOW WILL YOU REACH UNDERSERVED YOUTH?
- 1.9 HOW MIGHT YOU COLLABORATE WITH OTHER ORGANIZATIONS?
GOAL – SETTING WORKSHEET[edit | edit source]
LEARNING INTEREST CATEGORY:[edit | edit source]
WHAT IS THE GOAL?[edit | edit source]
WHAT DO YOU WANT LEARNERS TO GAIN FROM YOUR BADGE?
ENABLED LEARNING EXPERIENCES?
1) Develop personal skills, habits and benefits of routine mindfulness training practices.
2) Develop personal academic, job, and career readiness skills, habits, and products.
- a. Maintain a journal of their learning experiences, reflections and practices.
- b. Maintain a action plan of goals for planning, progress, and achievement.
- c. Practice goal setting and engagements to build a network of social support.
- d. Practice skills for positive media presentations.
- e. Produce a resume that reflects the development of
- Community relationships: Advisers, Mentors and Supporters
3) To build skills for recognizing, creating, and maintaining healthy habits.
4) To build skills for recognizing, creating and maintaining healthy relationships.
5) Learn basic STEM concepts of wellness, resilience, and stress management.
6) Learn basic concepts of positive psychology, neurophysiology and executive function.
7) Keep an up to date, scheduling calendar for planning and achieving goals.
MATCH YOUR GOAL TO THE LRNG DESIGN PILLARS[edit | edit source]
HOW DOES THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE BUILD ON INTERESTS?
- Designed to support badge earners making successful career transition
- Challenges learners to reflect on and develop their own goals
- Supports self-directed observation, inquiry, action, and goal setting
- Produces a resume intended to dynamically reflect the living space/niche of learner
- Journal process invites self-discovery and reflection
- Mindfulness exercises enhance wellness, life, job satisfaction and performance
HOW DOES THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE CREATE CONNECTIONS?[edit | edit source]
- Encourages and engages social support seeking skills
- Promotes intentional alignment of goals with mentor seeking
- Enhances job readiness through enhanced emotional regulation & attention
HOW DOES THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE EMPHASIZE PRODUCTION?[edit | edit source]
Badge criteria involves creation, production, and maintenance of
2) Scheduling Calendar
3) Goal Achievement Planner
4) Media production skills training
5) Resume is required listing community based relationships (Mentors/references)
HOW DOES THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE UNLOCK OPPORTUNITIES?[edit | edit source]
1) Promotes volunteering for career related experience and references
2) Promotes seeking and building relationships for support and mentoring
3) Promotes maintenance of current resume for utility
4) Creates positive social media
IMPLEMENTATION HEURISTICS[edit | edit source]
HOW WILL YOU REACH UNDERSERVED YOUTH?[edit | edit source]
By partnering with organizations that serve underserved youth.
HOW MIGHT YOU COLLABORATE WITH OTHER ORGANIZATIONS?[edit | edit source]
Organizations will each contribute some of the ingredients for the XPs: Venue, content, groups of engaged at-risk youth participants, and on-going digital and in-person support between workshops to sustain consistent routine learning.
Some organizations will collaborate in curriculum design that seeks to develop powerful examples and cross-disciplinary metaphors for foundational concepts of health, wellness, balance, resilience, stressors, successful conservation and cultivation of resources, skills, symbiotic relationships, living networks, and other concepts of balance and sustainability.
In part, design collaborations will seek to mutually identify and reinforce fundamental concepts that operate within and across domains of STEM learning including: Biology, physiology, psychology, social science, ecology and sustainability. This will include identifying great examples for teaching fundamental concepts addressing: Physiological balance, homeostasis, resilience, goal directed behavior, and symbiosis (as fundamentally the same processes across domains of physiology, psychology, social sciences, biology and ecology). This cross disciplinary approach will allow for the same fundamental concepts to be taught drawing from a rich variety of experiential metaphor across XP venues.
Success in life is has fundamental features. These workshops will endeavor to reveal that the fundamental tasks of stress management, resilience, adaptability, and successful networking play a fundamental role sustaining life and living systems. XPs will cultivate an appreciation for skills that support healthy and successful lifestyles. XPs will also cultivate cross disciplinary appreciation for efforts toward sustainability in a challenging networked world of living systems. These lessons will support the health and wellness practices of mindfulness training for academic success, job readiness, and career development for at-risk youth.