Background[edit | edit source]
Insights[edit | edit source]
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system.
- Online money transfers serve as electronic alternatives to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.
- PayPal is one of the world's largest Internet payment companies. The company operates as an acquirer, performing payment processing for online vendors, auction sites and other commercial users, for which it charges a fee.
History[edit | edit source]
- Established in 1998, PayPal had its IPO in 2002, and became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay later that year.
- In 2014, PayPal moved $228 billion in 26 currencies across more than 190 nations, generating a total revenue of $7.9 billion (44% of eBay’s total profits). The same year, eBay announced plans to spin-off PayPal into an independent company by mid-2015 and this was completed on July 18, 2015.
Details[edit | edit source]
- A software connection tool that bridges between LiveCode and PayPal is available. It helps with the transactions for developers, assigning serial numbers and doing other tasks in an automated way.
Links[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.