All students will graduate high school college, career and life-ready prepared to complete a two-or four-year college degree or workforce certification.
The Pittsburgh Public Schools will be one of America's premier school districts, student-focused, well-managed, and innovative. We will hold ourselves accountable for preparing all children to achieve academic excellence and strength of character, so that they have the opportunity to succeed in all aspects of life.
- All children can learn at high levels.
- Teachers have a profound impact on student development, and should have ample training, support and resources.
- Education begins with a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Families are an essential part of the educational process.
- A commitment from the entire community is necessary to build a culture that encourages student achievement.
- Improvement in education is guided by consistent and effective leadership.
- Central office exists to serve students and schools.
High Schools of Pittsburgh Public Schools into the future (as of the 2011-2012 season).Edit
2 high schools are slated to close at the end of the 2010-2011 school year:
Propaganda screening process to get info to students and staff at Pittsburgh Public Schools is explained: https://www.pghschools.org/Page/1454
- Pittsburgh Gifted Center
- Pittsburgh Allegheny K-5
- Pittsburgh Arsenal pre K-5
- Pittsburgh Banksville Pre K-5
- Pittsburgh Beechwood Pre K-5
- Pittsburgh Concord K-5
- Pittsburgh Dilworth Pre K-5
- Pittsburgh Fulton Pre K-5
- Pittsburgh Grandview K-5
- Pittsburgh Liberty K-5
- Pittsburgh Linden K-5
- Pittsburgh Minadeo Pre K-5
- Pittsburgh Morrow Pre K-5
- Pittsburgh Phillips K-5
- Pittsburgh Roosevelt Pre-K-1
- Pittsburgh Roosevelt intermediate - 2-5
- Pittsburgh Student Achievement Center, formerly Baxter School
- Pittsburgh Spring hill K-5
- Pittsburgh West Liberty K-5
- Pittsburgh Whittier K-5
- Pittsburgh Woolslair K-5
- Pittsburgh Faison Intermediate Campus-5-8
- Pittsburgh Greenfield K-8
- Pittsburgh Lincoln Primary Campus K-4
- Pittsburgh Lincoln Intermediate Campus 5-8
- Pittsburgh Manchester K-8
- Pittsburgh Mifflin Pre K-8
- Pittsburgh Miller Pre K-5
- Pittsburgh Montessori Pre K-8
- Pittsburgh Schaeffer Primary Campus K-3
- Pittsburgh Schaeffer Intermediate Campus 4-8
- Pittsburgh Stevens K-8
- Pittsburgh Sunnyside K-8
- Pittsburgh Vann K-5
- Pittsburgh Westwood K-8
- Pittsburgh Arlington Primary Campus
- Pittsburgh Arlington Intermediate Campus 3-8
- Pittsburgh Colfax K-8
- Pittsburgh Fort Pitt Pre K-5
- Pittsburgh King K-8
- Pittsburgh Murray Pre K-8
- Pittsburgh Northview Pre K-5
- Pittsburgh Rooney 6-8
- Pittsburgh Weil Pre K-8
- Pittsburgh Allegheny 6-8
- Pittsburgh Arsenal 6-8
- Pittsburgh Classical 6-8
- Pittsburgh Schiller 6-8
- Pittsburgh South Brook 6-8
- Pittsburgh South Hills 6-8
- Pittsburgh Sterrett 6-8
- Pittsburgh Allderdice High School
- Pittsburgh Brashear High School
- Pittsburgh Carrick High School
- Pittsburgh Langley High School
- Pittsburgh Oliver High School
- Pittsburgh Peabody High School
- Pittsburgh Perry Traditional Academy High School
- Pittsburgh Schenley High School
- Pittsburgh Westinghouse High School
- Pittsburgh Obama Academy of International Studies 6-12
- Pittsburgh Science and Technology Academy
- Pittsburgh Milliones 6-12
- Pittsburgh CAPA 6-12
Student Health FormsEdit
- PPS Health Form, Emergency Care Form File:2012-13 ECForm.pdf
- Anaphylactic Allergy Action Plan File:AllergyAction Plan.pdf
- Consent - Rescue Medication Form File:2012-13 Rescue Medication Form.pdf
- Diabetic Care Plan (Child) File:Child - Diabetic plan.pdf
- Diabetic Care Plan (Teen) File:Teen - Diabetic Plan.pdf
- File:7-11 Seizure Plan.pdf Seizure Plan
- Also see: http://www.pps.k12.pa.us/Page/647
- File:2-10-15 Mayors Education Task Force Report FINAL.pdf
- http://www.pps.k12.pa.us/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=5632&dataid=7727&FileName=PPS%20Whole%20Child%20Whole%20Community%20Plan.pdf = Whole Child, Whole Community report from Envisioning, released in December 2013
- File:PPS Whole Child Whole Community Plan.pdf
- File:TitleIX-PPS-report2010.pdf Title IX audit from April 2010.
- File:PPS-Athletic Handbook Approved 04.pdf
- File:PPS-Org Chart 2011 PDF.pdf
Letters of SupportEdit
- File:PPS Letter of Support.pdf Letter of support for Play.CLOH.org from March 2016.
- File:Letter of Interest from PPS-2-Rauterkus-Lifeguards.pdf Letter of Interest for the Lifeguard grant in January 2016.