Background[edit | edit source]
- Summer Dreamers is a camp sponsored by Pittsburgh Public Schools. The first two years, in the summer of 2010 and 2011, federal stimulus money was used to fund the venture. In 2012, other sources were needed and the program went from 11 sites in 2011 to three in 2012.
- In 2013, there was only one site for students in middle school grades (grades 6, 7, and 8) but there was an expansion to four other sites with students in elementary school, (K-5).
- In 2015, Summer Dreamers happens from June 29, 2015 to August 5, 2015, with no classes on Friday, July 3, 2015.
- See the map for the 2015 sites: Special:Maps/13271
Archive[edit | edit source]
- In the early years, Swim & Water Polo Camp was hosted by the Neighborhood Learning Alliance. http://www.neighborhoodlearning.org/programs/summer-dreamers
Insights[edit | edit source]
PPS aims to work with community organizations as activity providers. Eddie Wilson tells the story of attendance and student excitement.
Images[edit | edit source]
Details[edit | edit source]
Contracts[edit | edit source]
2015 Enrollment[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- Swim & Water Polo Camp
- File:2017 SDA RFP FINAL.pdf2017 RFP from Pittsburgh Public Schools, released in November 2016.
- Mindful Eating, Yoga & Multimedia, new in 2015
- File:2011 Summer Dreamers RFP.pdf
- File:Letter Boyce about Dreamers 2011.pdf
News[edit | edit source]
- http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2015/01/23/Program-aims-to-bridge-gap-of-summer/stories/201501230085 Post-Gazette article from January 2015
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.