The following content presents raw ideas. This page needs massive edits. Do not quote this material in any source. It is not sanctioned in any way. Rather, this page is more of a place holder for more editing to come.
Notes from threads from FB group[edit | edit source]
Beneficial?[edit | edit source]
- Can reveal if a swimmer is being overtrained.
- Can be a huge motivational tool.
Gordy Westerberg 5x100[edit | edit source]
- For mid-distance
- 1 from a dive, then
push off for #2, #3, #4, and #5 on an interval roughly :20 seconds slower to what one would expect to hold for a 500 yard race.
Record:[edit | edit source]
- Heart rate (easy and inexpensive fitness/fatigue checks)
- immediately after exertion
- at :30 after exertion
- at :90 after exertion
- Stroke rate
- Stroke count
- Perceived effort
- Blood lactate measurements
T30[edit | edit source]
Are the athletes taking the test set seriously and giving a true effort?