All Names of USA Swimmers[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- USA Swimming is the organization in charge of United States (also known as USA) swim team at the Olympics. See How USA Swimmers get onto Olympic team.
- United States (also known as USA) has about 250,000 swimmers in 2008.
- United States (also known as USA) Swim Trials had about 1,250 participants, or one-half of one percent of the swimmers who are members of USA Swimming.
- Only 52 swimmers can be on the USA Olympic Swim Team
- In 2014, USA Swimming had 339,903 year-round athletes, 27,683 summer-only swimmers, nearly 3,000 teams and 36,521 adult/non-athlete members. File:Statistics-2014.pdf
- Average clubs size is 140 swimmers.
- For every 10 athletes, there is one non-athlete member, such as coaches, officials, board members, parents and other individuals who do not swim.
- Allegheny Mountain LSC has 3,540 year-round athlete members in 2015.
Details[edit | edit source]
Number of year round registered teams in USA Swimming[edit | edit source]
- 2007 2,652
- 2008 2,660
- 2009 2,643
- 2010 2,710
- 2011 2,763
- 2012 2,829
- 2013 2,871
- 2014 2,929
- 2015 2,933
- 2016 2,967
- 2017 2,979
People[edit | edit source]
USA Swimming Contacts:[edit | edit source]
- Jamie Fabos -Credentials, Interview requests
719-235-8051 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Linhart -Credentials, Interview requests
719-440-2424 / email@example.com
- Jim Rusnak -Research Requests
719-244-4008 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erin Greene -Hometown Media Center, Photo / Flash Quote Needs
850-445-2524 / email@example.com
2012 Olympic Results[edit | edit source]
GOLD MEDALS (14)[edit | edit source]
- Michael Phelps- 200 IM and 100 Fly
- Missy Franklin- 100 and 200 Back
- Ryan Lochte- 400 IM
- Dana Vollmer- 100 Fly
- Matt Grevers- 100 Back
- Alison Schmitt- 200 Free
- 4x200 Men's Free Relay
- Nathan Adrian - 100 Free
- 4x200 Women's Free Relay
- Rebecca Soni- 200 Brst
- Tyler Clary- 200 Back
- Kathleen Ledecky- 800 Free
SILVER MEDALS (8)[edit | edit source]
- Elizabeth Beisel - 400 IM
- Alison Schmitt- 400 Free
- 4x100 Men's Free Relay
- Nick Thoman- 100 Back
- Rebecca Soni- 100 Brst
- Michael Phelps- 200 Fly
- Ryan Lochte- 200 IM
- Cullen Jones- 50 Free
BRONZE MEDALS (6)[edit | edit source]
- Peter Vanderkaay- 400 Free
- Brendan Hansen- 100 Brst
- 4x100 Women's Free Relay
- Caitlin Leverenz- 200 IM
- Ryan Lochte- 200 Back
- Elizabeth Beisel- 200 Back
Not too shabby - The number of individual gold medalists is what is most impressive when comparing the last three Olympics, 2008, 2004, 2000.
In 2012, the United States (also known as USA) has 5 females who are individual gold medalists and 5 males who are individual gold medalists.