The following content presents raw ideas. This page needs massive edits. Do not quote this material in any source. It is not sanctioned in any way. Rather, this page is more of a place holder for more editing to come.
Are there any resources that would help learners complete this XP?
- Enter Resource Title
- Repeat if desired.
Describe the evidence a learner must submit to complete this XP.
Set the Interest, Age, Participation, and Duration of your XP.
- Age Appropriateness
- LRNG LVL
- Estimated Duration
- XP/Routines/Level 1 = Learn 2 routines. Lead them. Prove it.
- XP/Routines/Level 2 = Explore PT Helper, add exercise to wiki, take a test.
- XP/Routines/Level 3 = Meet with Fred Gohh, app developer
Explore exercises and exercise routinesEdit
With the help of the PT Helper application, students explore exercises.
- Students document two specific exercises:
- Students learn, master and demonstrate two or more specific exercise routines from the approved list. See Digital Badges/Exercises/Routines/Approved.
- Students build a routine to follow in pursuit of their fitness goals. This activity will also involve elements of tech literacy--fulfilling parts of the requirements of that process--charging the students with either writing, recording, or photographing their routine to lead the way for others to follow.
This is a multifaceted process. Not only is the badge a part of the exercises suite, but it encourages and fosters tech literacy skills while establishing part of the goal-setting framework developed in other Summer Dreamers activities.
Routines Description Edit
This badge enables learners to envision and establish their own fitness routines using the help of a companion app.
This badge validates the learner's skill in demonstrating exercises, selecting exercises to form a logical routine, and documenting that routine so that it can be used by others.
Completion Time Edit
It will probably take a week to complete this badge with dedicated work.
Evaluation Criteria Edit
- Students must document (through written description, picture, or photo) an exercise that is in the companion application and one that is not
- Students must demonstrate mastery of two common exercises that are used in fitness routines (found on this list)
- Students must build and document (either through the companion app or on this wiki) a fitness routine
Once all of these criteria have been met, the student will ask the coach to review their work and to witness their mastery of their chosen two exercises. If everything was completed successfully, then the coach will award the badge.
Badge Issuers Edit
Any Summer Dreamers staff with the BGC will issue this badge. This badge should be able to be earned in both Summer Dreamer Swim & Water Polo and Mindful Eating (by establishing a yoga routine) camps.
Summer Dreamers Swim & Water Polo coaches will be oriented in the City of Learning badging process during their initial training by the Summer Dreamer supervisors and management before the summer session. As part of this initiation, they will be made aware of the requirements for the Routines Badge and be taught how to perform the necessary evaluation to award the badge.
Earning this will be a goal for all Swim & Water Polo participants. They will be instructed how to use the companion app and have the different criteria demonstrated to them through one day's lesson.
This badge is connected to both the tech literacy and goals badges. The required documentation (if elected to do it on the wiki) fulfills part of the tech literacy badge requirements, and the creation of a fitness routine can help to achieve fitness goals and works hand in hand with the later levels of the goals badges.